Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Mt. Singai Adventure

The photos here were taken on 29 April during our (Me, Sze Hong, Alvin & Triora) trekking adventure at Mt. Singai, Bau.

Triora was asking me whether I'm interested to go to Singai the day before thru SMS and I said " Why not?". At first I thought, it will be just another day where I only need to walk up the long winding stairs to the church but at the end, they have decided to climb to the peak as well. Gosh!~ First of all, my shorts were not suitable for mountain climbing in the first place as it is not strechable and another thing was that, I only brought along 250ml bottle of water in my little waist pouch. Luckily, it's not that hot coz most of the time we're under shades of trees so I don't really drink much on the way up and down.
Our pace was quite slow as I found out that Triora and I don't really have the stamina to go up however I was really fast when going down. :) We bumped into a lot of "uncles" and aunties" whom are much much older than us but then, they climbed the mount as if walking up and down the stairs. We had to crawl on our legs and hands sometimes. One of the uncle actually told us that it's been a routine for him to climb the mountain every Wednesday and Sunday. Wow~

Finally, we made it to the top after a few hours at Mt. Singai, Bau. Yeah! Snapped a few photos..oh yeah, did you notice the black clouds behind us? We just managed to climbed down for a few metres when suddenly..heavy rain dropped down on us. Nevertheless, we carried on until we were soaking wet inside out. It was fun and adventurous though. So, anyone wants to join us for the next trip to Singai?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u bring the mt singai to kl, i go wid u :P

Amelia said...

Genie..oh genie..plz help me to move Mt. Singai to KL..for my friend Lawrence...Geniee.....Genieee...Ooi
Genieee...

Looks like my genie is somewhere looking for chicks..hahaha